You may think it’s time to replace your hardwood floor. For instance, if your hardwood is decades old and has been hiding under the carpet for years, you may be convinced it’s beyond any repair.
Well, not so fast! You may be surprised to find out that through professional hardwood floor refinishing Los Angeles, most floors can return to the shiny glory. Refinishing can often help extend the life of the hardwood floor for several years and even for decades.
On the other hand, you may have the impression that all the precious floor needs some refinishing and a coat of stain. Unfortunately, the reality is you will be doing a bigger favor by replacing.
When Hardwood Floor Refinishing Is An Option
The best quality floors need refinishing due to a simple factor of time and wear. Thankfully, though the hardwood refinishing process can be done just once, multiple times through sanding over the years. This offers a really gratifying result.
Scratches, blemishes, and superficial nicks can be remedied by refinishing your hardwood floor. In fact, minor damages or severe dents can also get cured by refinishing or replacing the affected area.
These methods can actually help you save a lot, as opposed to the huge cost of replacing the total floor.
Within the professional hardwood floor refinishing, you need to follow different steps to reinforce the integrity of worn areas of the floor whether it’s replacing board, silencing squeaky boards or filling gaps.
Refinishing also affords the option of color change. If you are bored with the color of the floorboard, you can as well introduce a new color stain. Isn’t that amazing?
Overcoming The Issues Of Refinishing- Dust-Free Hardwood Floor Refinishing
The process of refinishing can be dirtier and dustier than initial floor installation, many homeowners are hesitant to follow through because the headache and hassle generally associated with the mess of hardwood refinishing.
For experienced hardwood floor installers, the dust and dirt don’t have to become a deciding factor. Most of the experienced companies use the top of the line dust collection systems. This ensures that your hardwood floor refinishing Los Angeles project is no longer a headache for you.
When Is Hardwood Floor Refinishing Not A Good Option?
After extreme wear and numerous hardwood refinishes, further sanding of the wood will only reveal more problems such as signaling the demand for complete replacement.
This is the case when severe water damage has been done to the flooring, due to flooding. However, there are instances in which refinishing the floors is no longer an option and though it may be an option, it wouldn’t be a prudent one. But what are these situations?
5 Reasons Why You Must Choose Hardwood Floor Refinishing
Hardwood floors are a truly classic and timeless addition to your home. But over a period of time, the hardwood floor can start looking dull, worn out and a bit dingy.
That’s also what gives hardwood floors an upper hand over other floors.
- Protecting the investment – wood by itself can be quite vulnerable to all dish out during a normal day. Just think for a moment what your floor endures. The best thing is one installed, the hardwood floors last for a really long time.
- Updating the style – have you ever walked into a house and immediately felt the décor was dated? Trends actually come and go. So, hardwood doesn’t go out of date, it’s just the finish. Due to today’s wide array of choices, you can choose between light or dark stain, flat or gloss level finishes, etc.
- Damage from furniture – no matter how careful you are, hardwoods are always susceptible to damages. The grain of dirt can be trapped under the shoes and cause scratches over the surface. Furniture can dig deeper into the wood grain. Over time, hardwood floor refinishing Los Angeles is what you need.
- High traffic – one of the main hardships to a hardwood floor is the footfall. In your home, your floors can experience several things such as children playing with toys to shoes dragging in the dirt. Even though these damages are unavoidable, availing refinishing is the best option.
- Longevity – every dent, scratch, and mark that makes it through your hardwood shortens the life of the wood. The more damaged the wood is, the less likely it can be saved from needing to replace it.
Refinishing actually extends the life of your hardwood floors. In fact, it saves you from spending money associated with replacing planks. It also keeps the floors looking amazing for several years after the refinishing treatment.
Related Article: Hardwood Floor Maintenance Tips
Should You Replace Or Refinish Hardwood Flooring?
After a lot of consideration, you may feel like you have reached the decision about what to do with the worn-out hardwood flooring.
You may be able to save enough money by hardwood floor refinishing Los Angeles, the existing hardwood floor in comparison to the new installation. However, you need to check that the floor doesn’t have any structural damage or excessive damage.
So, when you think your floor has worn out and has experienced enough wear and tear, hardwood floor refinishing is what you need.